Thursday, October 1, 2009

Walking on water

A bit about the blog title:

The phrase "Walk on water" is based on the following Bible passage.

Matthew 14:25-32 (Contemporary English Version)

25 A little while before morning, Jesus came walking on the water toward his disciples.
26 When they saw him, they thought he was a ghost. They were terrified and started screaming.
27 At once, Jesus said to them, "Don't worry! I am Jesus. Don't be afraid."
28 Peter replied, "Lord, if it is really you, tell me to come to you on the water."
29 "Come on!" Jesus said. Peter then got out of the boat and started walking on the water toward him.
30 But when Peter saw how strong the wind was, he was afraid and started sinking. "Save me, Lord!" he shouted.
31 Right away, Jesus reached out his hand. He helped Peter up and said, "You surely don't have much faith. Why do you doubt?"
32 When Jesus and Peter got into the boat, the wind died down.


I don't know about you but for me, I face all sorts of challenges and I've found out that for as long as I obey Jesus, focus on Him and walk towards Him, I'm guaranteed victory. However, I get distracted by the sound of the wind and waves around me...does this also happen to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...