With 116 days of this year gone and 250 to go, I felt it imperative to ask "How busy are you?"
Tuesday, April 26, 2016
Wednesday, April 20, 2016
Saturday, April 16, 2016
You know, over and over again, the Lord reminds me of how important it is to read over what I write – since spell check is not fool-proof. I don’t always remember to do so but I’m slowly earning to “slow down” a bit because “speed kills.” J
Wednesday, April 13, 2016
A few weeks ago, I had a very…hmmm….teachable situation and as happens now and again, I was the student.
- Don’t assume – it was that direct. He also reminded me of how a former boss had split up the word into 3 parts to explain that assuming can make you and me look bad…I’ll let you figure out the split
- Withhold judgement – This is closely linked to the first lesson. Essentially, things are not always what they seem, we must be careful not to make conclusions based on what we see. Until we see or know the full story, we don’t have all the facts – so withhold judgement. This also applies to hearsay
- If you notice a “life-threatening” situation, intervene – the “Milk of Human kindness” should always flow in our veins
- In this age of more and more chemicals, we should do our utmost to use less and less chemicals – that way, we can actually have floors that are not just clean but safe enough to eat off as we know children (some who don’t know better) tend too from time to time especially when you’re not watching
- Most importantly, keep your eyes and ears open – teachable moments abound around us. Learn and live wisely
Wednesday, April 6, 2016
...was my mind's response to my mind saying "It's the thought that counts." Ok I wasn't playing mind games - let me tell you what was going on.