Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Need more "Mike"

From time to time I see someone I used to ride the bus (an hour-long ride) with a few years ago. He's someone I won't forget in a hurry. Mike has such a sense of humour - and he made every laugh including the Bus Driver. I remember the unspoken anticipation of him joining the bus - it was almost as if the bus lit up when he came onboard.


When I saw him a few weeks ago, I smiled to myself as I remembered his impact on the bus. Funny enough, he has quite a projected voice that he sure was living up to his name - Mike. As I reminisced, I was reminded by the Holy Spirit that that is the type of impact He expects us to have wherever we go.


In Matthew 5: 14- 16, Jesus made what I'd call a Public Service Announcement:
14 “You are the light that gives light to [for;of] the world. A city that is built [stands; is set] on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 And people don’t light a lamp and then hide it under a bowl [or basket]. They put it on a lampstand so the light shines for all the people in the house. 16 In the same way let your light shine before others [for people to see], so that they will see the good things you do [your good deeds/works] and will praise [glorify; give honor to] your Father in heaven. (EXB)


Simply put: His expectation is that we light up the world - our world - wherever we are.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...