Tuesday, April 5, 2016

I see - I say

This is one piece I’ve been trying to craft for months now.


There are people who pride themselves in saying everything they see. In other words, living what I'll call an "I see, I say" life. While it may indicate that they are bold, they are not be wise.


It’s not everything that the eyes see that the mouth should speak about. People have gotten into trouble for saying more than was needful. 2ndly, the fact that you can say something, does not mean that you should say it. I say these 2 things very carefully; I’m not saying that you should lie or withhold pertinent information – I’m just saying use your words wisely.

 
There are things that you see today that you don’t need to say anything about today. God may need you to store that information for a later date or maybe even never. Proverbs 17: 27-28 says:
27 The wise say very little [restrain/hold back their talk], and those with understanding stay calm [coolheaded]. 28 Even fools seem to be wise if they keep quiet; if they don’t speak [keep their lips shut], they appear to understand. (EXB)
No need to say anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...