Monday, October 12, 2009

Secret #1: Self-confidence – (5)

Continuing from where we stopped...
A slave-girl becoming queen –is that a "WoW" moment or what? I wonder if any of the other ladies in the harem mocked her for her “accent”, “background” or “complexion”. What do you think would have happened when Esther turned out to be the chosen one? Imagine the moment...

Something we must all take away from Esther's story is: it is not what you are called but what you answer to that matters (originally: “It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.” ~W.C. Fields). The Bible views this from a different perspective and rightly so: “For as he thinks in his heart, so is he” (Proverbs 23: 7a – New King James Version). So what are you answering to? What do you think of yourself in your heart of hearts? I choose to answer to what God has called me. What has God called you or said about you? I can give you an idea of what He has said about me:

Ephesians 2:10 says: “For we are God's [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].” (Amplified Bible)

Philippians 1:6 goes on to say: “And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you.” (Amplified Bible)

In King James Version it reads: “Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:”

Let me take it one step further to tell you what I think (& know) of myself: “I am fearfully and wonderfully made” (Psalms 139:14a – New King James Version)

Put together, what do God & I say about me? Simply put, I’m a “wonder-ful work-in-progress”. It doesn’t matter what people see or think about me now…God is not done with me yet! I like to say, “watch this space” cos I’m headed in only one direction à UP.

Did you notice the word “confident”? My self-confidence is boosted because I’m confident that God has started a good work in me and will keep working on me. . I am, will become and even remain full of Wonder – which is why I can “walk on water”.

So where were we? Oh yes we were talking about how the way we’re dressed determines how we’re addressed. I sincerely believe as I have experienced, time and again, that when I’m dressed with this internal confidence, it shows in my external countenance and guess what? It inspires others to be confident of us…

Dress up ladies…and this is not a costume…it’s a way of life. It is YOUR responsibility to define yourself in God - everyone else will "dance to the music of your drums".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...