Saturday, October 3, 2009

Walk, wade, swim or sink ...it's your choice

Talking about walking on water, I tried taking swimming lessons so I can share a hobby with my children. One of our warm-up exercises was to walk in the water...it was difficult!!! Walking on water sounds easier than walking in water - is it? We can't be too sure which one is easier when the water is turbulent as it was when Jesus "invited" Peter to walk on water.

I wonder if Peter, an experienced fisherman, even considered swimming when he started sinking.


When thrust in water of life, rather than sink, do your best to wade or swim towards the Lord if you can't walk on the water. Make progress towards the only One who can lift you out of those turbulent waters.

We have a promise in Isaiah 43:2a
When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. (New Living Translation (NLT))

This one promise we should all hold on to as we "walk on water".

Believe me, I know it's difficult to remember this promise sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...