Thursday, March 31, 2011

WHOLENESS

We live in a world where wholeness can be said to be impossible to achieve. When we look around us, what do we see? Lives appear to be falling apart. Marriages are broken. Health is broken. Hearts are broken. Dreams are shattered. Personal relationships are broken. Our children are hurting. Even as Christians, sometimes parts of our lives remain broken. Hidden hurts. Secret wounds. Personal behavioral problems… it is an endless litany of woes.
But God promises us WHOLENESS.
The Bible often speaks of being healed in terms of being made whole. That is a good way of looking at it. To be a whole person is to be able to live life fully and happily and productively like a person should be able to live. That is really what we want for ourselves and our loved ones The Bible also talks about wholeness as something that has a correlation with our faith (faith is a recent topic on this blog). I felt the Lord drop the word in my spirit this afternoon as a promise, WHOLENESS...
  • in my health
  • in my home,
  • in the life of my husband,
  • in the lives of my children,
  • in my career,
  • in my ministry.
WHOLENESS!! That is God’s promise to me and I believe it is God’s desire for everyone woman. In searching out the meaning of the word WHOLENESS, the dictionary [American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Third Edition Copyright © 1992 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Electronic version licensed from Lernout & Hauspie Speech Products N.V.] offered 5 definitions that I found interesting and could relate with (I have included my comments in green).
1. Containing all components; complete: Therefore, wholeness in my life – means all parts of my life shall be complete and come together to function well. Likewise, wholeness in marriage – all elements of the marriage (sex, communication, finances, children, in-laws, etc) will come together to function well.
2. Not divided or disjoined; in one unit: Wholeness means no disjointed element, no brokenness in any form, be it character flaw, be it doubt, be sickness or diseases …Do you desire to be delivered from something that you are struggling with? God promises WHOLENESS!
3. Constituting the full amount, extent, or duration. This implies completion of all things, fulfillment of dreams and aspirations, no ‘abortion’. That which the Lord has started in our lives shall be completed. Our dreams and aspirations shall complete the tenure of gestation. Mal 3:11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.
4. Not wounded, injured, or impaired; sound or unhurt: Jesus is able to heal every hurt and make all things become new. Mt 9:21- 22 For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole. But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.
5. Having been restored; healed: a whole person again. The Lord is the master of restoration. Joel 2:25 And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpillar, and the palmerworm. Jer 30:16-22 describes an amazing degree of restoration in the lives of the Isrealites. This can apply to us today as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...