Wednesday, March 20, 2013

MFM - 3

This week I’ll focus on some more quotes, or “definitions” as I like to call them, of failure.

I remember a few years ago I shared how John Maxwell’s book “Failing Forward”* helped me to continue marching forward. If you haven’t read it, I strongly recommend that you read it.

Failure can be a hard thing to deal with. I know because I’ve had the privilege of failing...

...and rising again

Surprised? Well, I’m simply fulfilling Proverbs 24:16 – "Although a righteous person may fall seven times, he gets up again." (New English Translation) I found it really interesting that this verse follows this one that is quoted often – sometimes as a rebuke:

Proverbs 24:10 - If you fail under pressure, your strength is too small. (NLT)

The truth of this verse is that if one fails under the "pressure" of failure then indeed your strength is small. So if you find yourself in a situation that spells “FAILURE,” remember:
“There are no failures - just experiences and your reactions to them.”
~ Tom Krause

“Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.”
~ Henry Ford

“Every "bad" experience has "good" value. Don't look at anything as failure. View it as an opportunity to refine your focus.”
~ @MarshawnEvans (on Twitter)

“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” ~Albert Einstein

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.”
~ Winston Churchill

“The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.”
~Robert Green Ingersoll

The first step toward getting somewhere
is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.
~ Unknown

Take the advice of this unknown person, bounce back and keep marching forward. God bless



References:
*http://sapphire-and-beryl.blogspot.ca/2010/06/your-future-starts-today.html
http://sapphire-and-beryl.blogspot.ca/2010/09/think-on-this_07.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...