Thursday, March 7, 2013

MFM

Happy New Month. Welcome to the beginning of the end of the first quarter of the year. Including today, we have exactly 300 days to go before this "New Year" is history.

I wonder if you're feeling the way I have been feeling this year. After all I went through last year, I was really looking forward to this year. God has also given me so many words and pointers to confirm how amazing this year will be for me...so I've been very expectant.

The days are going by rather quickly...and as I looked forward to this month, I heard the Lord say: "MFM." I can imagine that some of you are already thinking about what "MFM" means - possibly based on the fact that you know something that MFM stands for.

MFM? Why? When? How? Before letting my mind run off, I had to be sure I heard right. As we know our God is not the author of confusion and He quickly clarified what He meant - He wants me to "March Forward in March." Infact as I typed this piece, He brought the story of the Israelites and the wall of Jericho to mind. When you read Joshua 6, you will find that His instructions to Joshua and the Israelites seemed odd. As I pondered on it, He asked me to go to Joshua 1.

In Joshua 1, God "announced" to Joshua that Moses was dead - in essence, his father figure was dead. It was a "new year" for Joshua - and it was time to move on. I can almost relate with how difficult it was for Joshua to move forward without Moses...only with memories.

More than once in Joshua 1, after God gave Joshua a very clear instruction to move forward, He added the assurance that He'd be with Him. When you read on, you'll realize that the result (fulfillment of the promise) was not immediate. God obviously expected Joshua to trust Him and obey His directions - step by step. This was more obvious in Joshua 6. I'm sure some of the Israelites would have wondered why would it take a whole 7 days for God to deliver what He had promised...just like I'm wondering this 7th day.
Like God said to Joshua & the Israelites, He has reminded me to keep calm & continue to march forward in total trust. He has also reminded me that worship, not worrying or wondering why, is vital for me to obtain His promises to me.

The promise in Proverbs 23:18 is clear "For surely there is a latter end [a future and a reward], and your hope and expectation shall not be cut off." (Amp - italics mine)

Whether or not you find yourself in a similar, better or not as good a state of mind as I'm in, let me ecourage you to seek out what God has promised you, keep calm and march forward and He will crown your trust and obedience with more than you could ever imagine. How do I know? He said so:
For since the world began, no ear has heard and no eye has seen a God like you, 
who works for those who wait for him! (Isaiah 64:4 - NLT) See 1 Cor 2:9 too

God is able to do much more than we ask or think through His power working in us.
(Eph 3:20 - New Life Version)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...