Wednesday, March 13, 2013

MFM - 2

As I said last week, the word, more like the “Marching orders,” I received for this month is “MFM.” For those who didn’t read last week’s post, I can imagine that some of your minds are already racing wondering: “What is she going to say about MFM?” I can imagine how you feel – I also felt that way to an extent when I was given that word or shall I say those 3 letters.


Suffice it to say that if you do a random internet search (or “google” as we now call it), you’d find a number of things that have the abbreviation “MFM.” For me, the 3 letters are more “punny” than funny. At the risk of bursting the bubble, let me frame this right before I go too far: MFM in this context stands for “March(ing) Forward in March.”

At the beginning of February, I noticed a number of posts on Twitter and Facebook that were focusing on how to march forward irrespective of the challenges, obstacles and even “failures” we face.  Needless to say, I faced one or two too. God in His mercy kept leading me to various verses and quotes to keep me marching forward. Since I know that success is more desirable than failure, I’ll share 2 “definitions” of success that resonate with me:

Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. ~ Booker T. Washington
Success is to be measured by what you accomplish but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggles against overwhelming odds.
~ Orison Swett Marden
The bottom line is that:  
“Any fact facing us is not as important as our attitude toward it,
for that determines our success of failure.
The way you think about a fact may defeat you before you ever do anything about it.
You are overcome by the fact because you think you are.
~ Norman Vincent Peale

We'll continue on this topic...in the meantime, keep marching forward. God bless.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...