Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Will of a Woman

The Bible says that "iron sharpens iron" and it is said that when you strike 2 pieces of stone, there is a spark. That's exactly what happened after I read "The Willing Woman" by Beryl. It got me thinking of my WQ and the will of a woman.

Thomas Fuller said: "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" - now this is a two-pronged quote:
First, for as long as you are unwilling, you will (see challenges and) have difficulty doing anything; (this first part ties to the WQ Beryl mentioned)
Secondly, doing nothing is easy once you are unwilling to do anything - being lazy is an "effortless" activity versus relaxing which starts with a decision and then a willingness to "slow down" ...
Bearing in mind that one of the definitions of "will" in the Collins English dictionary is: "a strong determination", I can't but agree with the following:
Anthony Robbins: "Determination is the wake-up call to the human will”
“Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.” (Unknown)
Tommy Lasorda: “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.”
"Mind is all that counts. You can be whatever you make up your mind to be." (Robert Collier)

Although, it is commonly said that: “Where there's a will there's a way”, "More powerful than the will to win is the courage to begin." (Unknown). With how often the word "Courage" comes up, it is evidently an integral part of our lives...

Ladies, we know (at least I do) that once we decide to do something we go the whole hog and do it. My husband has "accused" me of doing whatever I have to to do whatever I want to indeed "A (wo)man can do all things if (s)he but wills them." (Leon Battista Alberti)

I'd like to encourage us as this year winds down and we plan, prepare and pray concerning next year, that we be willing to engage our willpower - decide and do. Reach out...reach up...stretch yourself...improve yourself and your life will improve.

I'd like round up with this prayer ... you're welcome to join me:
Lord, "Let us not be content to wait and see what will happen, but give us the determination to make the right things happen."* Help me to align my will to Your will and be willing (available) to take the steps as you lead me on. I choose to be available, You are able. I am willing to and I will pursue Your purpose for my life with passion. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. In Jesus name we pray. Amen

*Quote by Peter Marshall

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...