Friday, December 4, 2009

The Willing Woman

It is great and (kind of) interesting to read Sapphire’s shopping experience or lack of it. I found it interesting because I could link “Watch It” with God’s word to me today. I had a peculiarly very clear dream of worrying about what to say to a hall full of women, when I had an impression to talk about “The Willing Woman”. While I floundered about this topic, the passage Isaiah 1:19 [If you are willing and obedient, You shall eat the good of the land] jumped at me. Unfortunately, I did not get around to speaking to the women in my dream about “The Willing Woman” considering I had not quite worked out what to say before I woke up.

When I read Sapphire's “Watch it”, I realized that a willing woman is one who fully yields to the Master – regardless of how uncomfortable the instruction might be. Thankfully, the Master is never tired of giving us directions, we are the ones who [often] hold back.

A willing woman understands the futility of relying on her knowledge of the past and partial knowledge of the present, when she can rely on the Master’s perfect knowledge of the past, present and future. Reading Isaiah 1:19 again, I wondered if it were possible to be willing and not be obedient. So I went back to the Bible – The Bible in Basic English (BBE) translation explained it better… “If you will give ear to my word and do it… It is therefore possible (I guess) to give ear and not do it. For instance, Sapphire could have given ear to “Watch It” and still gone ahead with her shopping.

A Willing Woman therefore hears and obeys.

I have been going through a period of turbulence in my career and I have decided to use a willingness-scale to check my level of WILLINGNESS. God’s word is clear - "If you will give ear to my word and do it, the good things of the land will be yours" (BBE). Do you need to check up on your willingness-quotient (WQ - sounds cool)? Needless to say that the higher your WQ, the more good things you are likely to get (all other things being equal).

I need to do a bit more research on WQ….WATCH THIS SPACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...