Tuesday, December 22, 2009

R&R (2)

When Sapphire mentioned to me that she was working on a posting titled “R&R” the first words that came to my mind were “Risk” and “Reward”. After reading her posting, I am still thinking “Risk” and “Reward”.

It occurred to me (I’m sure you would agree) that resting is a risk. Why else do we have all these super executives who are stressed up not resting, when they know the value of resting?

It is because, they risk not being in absolute control of everything when they are at rest. You see, resting simply means “letting go and letting God”. More often than not, mortal man is often too unsure of his positioning with God to really really let go. So he holds on tightly at the greater risk of breaking down physically, mentally, emotionally, financially and eventually spiritually.

The second word in my mind is “Reward”… now, you will also agree with me that “the higher the risk, the higher the reward”. For those of us who refuse to rest, relax, retreat, recreate (and all the other positive “re”s), we are losing the high reward of living in God's "rest-ful" presence, which makes us "inaccessible" to the predators (so says Sapphire…and I agree). It is so simple that we complex humans fail to see and accept it.

Now you can see the connection between “Return and Rest” and “Risk and Reward”. My prayer is that the Lord will give us grace to take the risk of letting go fully, that we may enjoy the higher reward of being in His presence, His will and His purpose for our lives. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...