Saturday, November 28, 2009

Sheep vs. Sleep

There is a common saying: “when you can’t sleep count sheep”…I don't know the origin of that saying. I'm guessing it was advice given to distract people from worrying. Belive it or not, I've found the solution to sleeplessness (& it was never a secret)...it's an amazingly simple solution too & one size fits all.

When at night you cannot sleep, talk to the Shepherd and stop counting sheep. ~ Author unknown

According to John10:10, Jesus came so we may have life and have it more abundantly…talk to Him about anything that seems to or is “drain” that abundance of life.

Imagine how much more restful it will be to rest in the bosom of the Shepherd than “worrying” about the sheep.  You can do more than imagine it, you can enjoy it - the Lord gives His beloved sleep (Psalm 127: 2b) it's up to you to talk about it...and Win over Worry. I don't know about you, for me it's a constant war and I intend to win it.

There's also an outstanding promise in Psalm 23:1 - once you accept and yield to God as your Shepherd, you shall not want - not even for sleep!! Be the sheep, don't count them.
The choice is yours - sheep vs. sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...