Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Just ASK

Let me tell you a bit of what’s been happening to me in the past week.

Remember I got this leading to share about “Worry” a week ago, well I was also (& still am) working on getting out of the “worry chair”. I was challenged by the things God helped us put together for the blog and of course it was time for this physical physician take the prescription.

I also shared about how we need to be careful about what we wish or mentally hope for…

Well, putting these together, God reminded me that the best way to “win over worry”(WoW), is to “persevere in prayer” (PiP).

Ok, I’ll change gears here for a bit and come back on track later…


What’s a “pip”? I remember the first time I heard my mother use the word - I was thoroughly amused in the innocence (& ignorance) of my youth. I later found out that it meant “seed”. That’s exactly what prayer is…a seed, a seed you plant and water to get the harvest you desire. No one will ever plant an apple pip and expect an Orange tree. It’s also futile to plant the wrong things with out words and actions and pray for crop failure. Remember the Bible warns us that we will “eat the fruit of our lips” (Proverbs 18:20-21) so our words are seeds too. Before I got further off track...the point here is to PiP…Persevere in prayer. Praying indeed pays...

As I was saying, I had a few things on my mind, and then I remembered that Mary C. Crowley said: “Every evening I turn my worries over to God. He's going to be up all night anyway.”

Likewise, Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. said: “Pray, and let God worry.”

And a very wise person said: "A problem not worth praying about is not worth worrying about." (Anonymous)

So I did just that…and got the answers to my prayers (& desire) swiftly. Emboldened, the next morning, I prayed and said, “Lord thank you for a wonderful day yesterday, may today be even better.” By the end of that day, I had some good news…now do I need to tell you what my prayer life will continue to be like? Sure, I'm glad to share...Thank then ASK just like Phillipians 4:6 says: "Fret not about anything, but in everything, by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known unto God." (21st Century KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...