Sunday, February 17, 2013

Week 3: This is the LIFE!

God expects us to be Fruitful in order to truly live the abundant life. Being fruitful was God's first commandment to man and his wife in Genesis 1:28:          "And God blessed them and said to them, Be fruitful, multiply and fill the earth, and subdue it [using all its vast resources in the service of God and man]; and have dominion over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, and over every living creature that moves upon the earth." (Amplified).
 
Many other verses expantiate on this command - let's look at a few:
 
John 15: 1-5 - I am the True Vine, and My Father is the Vinedresser. Any branch in Me that does not bear fruit [that stops bearing] He cuts away (trims off, takes away); and He cleanses and repeatedly prunes every branch that continues to bear fruit, to make it bear more and richer and more excellent fruit. You are cleansed and pruned already, because of the word which I have given you [the teachings I have discussed with you]. Dwell in Me, and I will dwell in you. [Live in Me, and I will live in you.] Just as no branch can bear fruit of itself without abiding in (being vitally united to) the vine, neither can you bear fruit unless you abide in Me. I am the Vine; you are the branches. Whoever lives in Me and I in him bears much (abundant) fruit. However, apart from Me [cut off from vital union with Me] you can do nothing. (Amplified)

John 15:16 You have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you and I have appointed you [I have planted you], that you might go and bear fruit and keep on bearing, and that your fruit may be lasting [that it may remain, abide], so that whatever you ask the Father in My Name [as presenting all that I Am], He may give it to you. (Amplified)

Max Lucado very aptly said:
"Jesus Abiding isn't idling." 

It is being productively busy not a busy-body. Our walk with God must = fruitful work.

Colossians 1:10 - That you may walk (live and conduct yourselves) in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to Him and desiring to please Him in all things, bearing fruit in every good work and steadily growing and increasing in and by the knowledge of God [with fuller, deeper, and clearer insight, acquaintance, and recognition]. (Amplified)
 
Prayer: Lord, I know that You chose me so I would bear fruit and apart from You I cannot do anything let alone bear fruit. Help me live in You, the Vine and experience the Divine life every day of my life.

May I be fruitful in every good work to Your glory.
Thank You for your fruit-yielding seed within me.
In Jesus' precious name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...