Sunday, February 10, 2013

Week 2: This is the LIFE!

God expects us to be Inspiring. Our liveliness should be inspiring. The way we live should attract others to God, not repel them. Without saying the words, our lives should say: “Imitate me as I imitate Christ.” (1 Cor 11:1)

Another way we can inspire others is with our testimonies. As you know (well I do from personal experience), testimonies are the "results" of tests. Knowing what others have overcome, empower and inspire us to face and pass our tests. Several verses stress this like:

Rev 12:11: And they have overcome (conquered) him by means of the blood of the Lamb and by the utterance of their testimony, for they did not love and cling to life even when faced with death [holding their lives cheap till they had to die for their witnessing]. (Amp)

Ps 22:22 - I will tell my people about you. I will praise you in the great assembly.
(Easy-to-Read Version)

The Holy Spirit is the source of life. So if you have the Holy Spirit in your life, you should also be an inspiration to others because Job 32:8 says: “But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.” (KJV)

Good actions give strength to ourselves and inspire good actions in others. ~ Plato

Prayer: Dear Lord, please help me to be a receiver and transmitter of divine inspiration. I desire to be a blessing to all that I come in contact with.

John Quincy Adams said: If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader. So Lord, help me live my life that inspires others and leads them back to You knowing that You are always with me as I remain a blessing. Thank You for the priviledge of being a blessing and inspiration. In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...