Sunday, February 24, 2013

Week 4: This is the LIFE!

The "E" in our LIFE acroynm is for:
 
In living a Lively, Inspiring and Fruitful life, God expects us to Enjoy not endure our lives... Let's read our text again (emphasis mine): 
“The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).” (John 10:10 - Amplified)

The wisest man that ever lived even gave some good advice along these lines:
 
Ecclesiastes 2: 24 – 26 
There is nothing better for a man than that he should eat and drink and make himself enjoy good in his labor. Even this, I have seen, is from the hand of God. For who can eat or who can have enjoyment any more than I can - apart from Him? (Amp)
Ecclesiastes 5: 18 – 20
Here is what I have found out: the best thing we can do is eat and drink and enjoy what we have worked for during the short life that God has given us; this is our fate. If God gives us wealth and property and lets us enjoy them, we should be grateful and enjoy what we have worked for. It is a gift from God. Since God has allowed us to be happy, we will not worry too much about how short life is. (Good News Translation)

You can also read Ecclesiastes 8:15^  and Ecclesiastes9: 7-10.^ When I read all these verses what came to mind was those special dishes we all have. You know what I mean – those ones we have and keep for those very special occasion or for special visitors? Over 2 decades ago when I was going through and sorting out my mother’s things I saw a lot of those “special dishes” – some which they had gotten at their wedding which took place in 1967 – are you doing the math? Yes, she kept some of her special plates for over 20 years. As I picked each one up, most of them crumbled/disintegrated like powder in my hands. So at the end of the cleaning out exercise, we had more powder than plates. What survived I brought out and put into immediate use. I even brought 2 of those plates here and I’m enjoying them – our children are eating from plates that are much older than they are. I know I may not be happy the day they break but I will be delighted that we enjoyed them. Life is too short to be endured...

In Ps 118:24, David tells us that “This is the day that the Lord has made” – and then he decided “I will rejoice and be glad in it.” Rejoicing in each day is a decision we must make daily. You may not have control over what happens to you or what people do or say to you – you have control over how you respond to it/them. In enjoying your life remain healthy and lively.
 
Og Mandino a psychologist who lived from 1923 - 1996 said
“Each day is a special gift from God, and while life may not always be fair, you must never allow the pains, hurdles, and handicaps of the moment to poison your attitude and plans for yourself and your future. You can never win when you wear the ugly cloak of self-pity, and the sour sound of whining will certainly frighten away any opportunity for success. Never again. There is a better way.”

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, Today is God’s gift – that’s why we call it the present. 
~ Joan Rivers
Prayer: Lord Jesus, thank You for life today, I receive my present with thanksgiving. 
 
As I endure hardness as Your soldier, help me enjoy my family, friends, faith and fellowship.

Thank You for coming so I may have and enjoy an abundant life. Today & always, I receive Your gift and choose to have a lively, inspiring, fruitful and enjoyable life. In Your name I pray. Amen.



BOTTOMLINE:
Jesus is the KEY - and only Way to Abundant life. When you choose Jesus, you choose Abundant life. Once He opens the door to Abundant Life for you, no one can shut it.* I pray you will make the right (& wisest) choice for your life. God bless.

*Rev 3:7- These are the words of the Holy One, the True One, He Who has the key of David, Who opens and no one can shut, Who shuts and no one can open. (Amplified)

References:
^http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=ecc%208:15;ecc%209:%207-10&version=NIV;AMP;NLT;GW;MSG






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...