Sunday, February 3, 2013

Week 1: This is the LIFE!


The "L" in our LIFE acronym stands for "Lively." In "living" an abundant life, God expects us to be lively.

Lively means: to be energetic and active, agile, physically or mentally nimble, full of life.
 
 
Have you noticed the different ways people respond when you ask: “How are you?” The way that question is answered says a lot to others. If one person responds: “I’m superbly blessed – couldn’t be better” and another says “I just dey” or “Surviving” - who would you want to connect with? I'd like to connect with the person who's "superbly blessed."

Another part of liveliness is in 3 John 2: “Dear friend, I’m praying that all is well with you and that you enjoy good health in the same way that you prosper spiritually.” (CEB)

Indeed, it is more important to be spiritually healthy but God desires that we prosper in our health too. When you don’t prosper in health by your own doing e.g. poor diet or eating everything in sight, you are not living the fullest possible life Jesus came to give you.

The third part of liveliness is in 1 Peter 2:5 which tells us:
"Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house,
an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. (KJV)

We must be worshippers in the way we live - our lives must glorify God in every way.

I found and like these quotes related to "lively-living"

Life lively process of becoming.~ Douglas MacArthur 

God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well. ~ Voltaire

Prayer: Lord, thank You for the gift of abundant life. Please help me demonstrate my appreciation for this gift in the way I live each day. Help me have a healthy lifestyle and be a true worshipper so I may become all You have in store for me. In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...