Friday, February 1, 2013

This is the LIFE!

Last month, our theme in church was "I have abundance of life" (Source: John 10:10).

As the month progressed, God kept revealing different aspects of this "LIFE" to me. In fact one day, on the way to work, a verse in the Metro (paper) confirmed that I need to do this... for this month.

By the grace of God, this month we'll have short pieces (now that's not a promise - I'll try)... Ok, let's say, we'll have pieces that start with a verse or 2, some comments, possibly a quote or picture & of course a prayer - so each of us can "enter" into the "LIFE" God has given us.

Let's start the month with the text - John 10:10 (emphasis and italics mine):
The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows). (Amplified)

The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy.
My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life. (NLT)

A thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy. But I came so that my sheep will have life and so that they will have everything they need. (God's Word Translation)
There 2 things to note from the 2 sentences in our text:
  1. The only reason why the thief (the devil) bothers you is because you are valuable and have valuable things within you for your benefit and the benefit of those around you. Have you ever heard of a thief robbing an empty unoccupied house/bank? I haven't.
  2. Jesus came to give us an abundant life that overflows and He expects us to receive it, enjoy it and spread it...
Prayer:
Lord, thank You for giving me a very valuable, radiantly rich & solid satisfying life. I accept it with thanksgiving. Help me live in a way that pleases You each & every day of my life. In Jesus Name I pray.
AMEN.

Every Sunday this month, I'll share each letter in "LIFE" and we'll see where God takes us...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...