Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Matters of the Heart

Welcome to the 2nd month of this year. Several months ago, in praying and preparing towards this month's postings, I noticed that there was a "pull" towards what I'd call:
"Matters of the Heart."

I had to check myself because I wanted to be sure that I was not being influenced by the fact that people celebrate St Valentine's Day in February... I was pleased and relieved to know, after proper introspection, that I wasn't and still am not being influenced by that.

Watching how people celebrate this day and express their love has never ceased to amaze and amuse me. Sometimes, I wonder if those people even love themselves half as much as they love that other person. Sure that's where it all starts.

In Mark 12:31, Jesus said:
 "The second most important commandment says: 'Love others as much as you love yourself.'" (CEV) In essence, you must love yourself in order to truly love others. I guess that's obvious because, you cannot give what you don't have...

As we well know, actions speak louder than words - so the question is: "Do you treat yourself (& your heart) in a loving way?" Put differently, "Do you love yourself?" Do your attitudes, behaviour, habits and so on speak of self-love - which is not the same thing as selfishness?

For the first half of this month (or more), we'll be talking about how we demonstrate that love (of ourselves) to ourselves...and then we'll have a platform to express true love to others. 

I pray that as you read the postings*, you'll give yourself the gift of acting on them for life.
God bless.

*You can search for related postings by typing "HEELS" in the "Search this blog" box.
BTW, HEELS stands for "Healthy Eating & Exercise LifeStyle"  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...