Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Who's home do you stay at?

That was the question that came to mind when I read this verse a few months ago.
Acts 16:15 - When she and the members of her household were baptized, she invited us to her home. “If you consider me a believer in the Lord,” she said, “come and stay at my house.” And she persuaded us. (NIV)

This tweet puts a different spin on same question:
"Like someone asked once, how many of us would gladly leave our account details with the same people we entrust our children's care to?"*
I can never overstate how important it is to think about not just where we stay but what/who we expose our children to - whether or not we are there. There are some homes I'll let my children visit - but not without me at least until I'm sure they are of age to make the right choices. In fact, whenever expose our children to homes where the things we don't do or condone exist, it's so encouraging when they ask us why that person does or allows certain things in their home - and gives them one more thing to pray about. On the flip side, for those homes you or I wouldn't stay in (or let our children stay in), how can you or I influence them to become homes we would freely stay at? Now that's a question that has stuck with me - and I'd like to leave that with you...






References:
* https://mobile.twitter.com/KwamiAdadevoh/status/623953902485008384

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...