Thursday, December 31, 2015

Who knows?

How many times have you discussed a topic with some uncertainty attached and ended the sentence with the question "Who knows?"


As we get ready to step into a new year - a Leap Year for that matter, "Who knows what the year will bring?" may be a question in your head and heart and rightly so.


I say so from my interesting experience this year. Which made these verses very real -
Proverbs 16:9 - We plan the way we want to live, but only God makes us able to live it. (MSG)


Proverbs 20: 24 - The very steps we take come from God; 
otherwise how would we know where we’re going? (MSG)

Let me back up a bit.

Every year, the Lord gives me a Word...which a call my WAY (Word-A-Year). This year it was Genesis 26:22:
Isaac moved from there and dug another well. No one came to argue about this well. So Isaac named it Rehoboth. He said, “Now the Lord has found a place for us. We will grow and be successful in this place.” (ERV)

Now when the Lord says, "Only I can tell you the future before it even happens. Everything I plan will come to pass, for I do whatever I wish"* He knows what He is saying and does what He's said - which is why we must take Psalm 46:10** to heart.


As the year progressed and some not so pleasant surprises unfolded, I kept reminding the Lord of my WAY. In doing that I kept asking Him for guidance (see Prov 3: 5-6***). There were times when it was obvious that the only person who's name was the right and only response to the "Who knows?" question was "GOD!"

With that there were times when I clearly heard Him say "Just lie down"**** but it wasn't easy. When I finally fully obeyed, He shed a light on the way I should go. Indeed, "the Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives" as Psalm 37:23 was completely true. He directed me into an "Open space" I never knew existed. I could go on and on...

The point here is as we step into the new Leap Year, seek and stay close to God Who alone knows what the future holds - because He holds it. If you don't believe me, believe Him - He said:
"I alone know the plans I have for you,
plans to bring you prosperity and not disaster,
plans to bring about the future you hope for."*****
Happy New Year...may God cause you to Leap. AMEN



References: 
* Isaiah 46:10 - NLT
** God says, “Be still and know that I am God. I will be praised [exalted] in all the nations; I will be praised [exalted] throughout the earth.” (Psalm 46:10 - NLT)
*** Proverbs 3:5-6 - Trust the Lord with all your heart, and don’t depend [rely] on your own understanding. Remember the Lord [Know him] in all you do [on all your paths]and he will give you success [keep your roads straight]. (EXB)
***** Jeremiah 29:11 - Good News Translation


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...