Sunday, December 27, 2015

"I felt led to..."

5 months ago as I headed home, "I felt led to go shopping." "Really?!" You ask? Yes really, really.
Before I got to post this, it happened again...and if I wasn't sure, the Shop Assistant's reaction confirmed it. She scanned an item and the price was over 90% off the original price - so she rechecked that she had done everything right and looked amazed and said "Wow - it's so cheap!" I smiled and said, "That's what happens when you pray and ask God to guide your steps."

Considering how much I don't like shopping, I don't hesitate to share these kinds of experiences because they are a fulfillment of the following scriptures:
Isaiah 30: 21 - Whether you turn to the right or to the left,
your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.” (NIV)
Psalm 37:23 - The steps of a [good] man are directed and established by the Lord when He delights in his way [and He busies Himself with his every step]. (AMP)
Proverbs 16:3 - Depend on the Lord in whatever you do [Commit your acts/deeds to the Lord], and your plans will succeed [be established]. (EXB)
Proverbs 16:9 - People may make plans in their minds [Human hearts plan their path], but the Lord decides what they will do [establishes their step]. (EXB)

Having said that - before spouses (note I'm not picking on husbands) and maybe parents instruct you to stop reading my blog post - let me clear state that you do not have to respond to every SALE/Clearance sign no matter how attractive it may look.  Following God's leading always pays off. However, don't use the "I felt led to go shopping" line except you are truly led to not led by a someone else shopping or by what someone else has.
Let's face it, you & I know when we are following God's leading and when it's our closet "calling"/leading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...