Thursday, December 3, 2015

Surprise! Surprise!!

When you finish reading this post, you may call me extra-funny or extra-ordinary...I won't be offended both fit.


"Surprise! Surprise!!" were the only words that came to mind at a recent "airport" experience...

I need to take off some layers and was aiming for a roomy washroom. I rushed into the wide door that was open and "Surprise! Surprise!!" it was exactly what I needed and more. It was ONLY a Change room - a sink, Change table and a ledge for purses. So no toilet that anything could mistakenly fall into. Now what a pleasant surprise...talk about Isaiah 65:24 in action
I will answer them before they even call to me. 
While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers! (NLT)

Let me continue... I finished my "onion" business & left. Within seconds, another lady rushed in to the wide door & locked it quickly - it seemed like she was grateful to have her own space. You know how some people are all about their personal space? Again those 2 words came to mind.

This time, my curiosity kicked in. Yes, I had to wait to see how this all panned out and sure enough..."Surprise! Surprise!!" was just right - she came out and went to the door behind which she was sure she'd find the facilities she needed.

As I wrap this up, I'm smiling because I struggling to think up a lesson from this experience.
I guess for me it's simply the ability to take things in your stride. Some surprises are pleasant, others are not so pleasant. So you go through a door (or experience) that's not pleasant, open the door, walk out and move on to a better place - don't stay stuck.

I agree with Booker T. Washington that:

"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life
as by the obstacles which he has overcome."

Surprise or not, take every experience in your stride...keep moving forward to your destination.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...