I recently found more "Lessons from Noah's Ark*" that I couldn't resist sharing with you...and as usual my comments are in green font.
- Always live a righteous life-even if you're the only one; it will be noticed. We must shine as bright lights** because we are the only "Bible"*** some people will read.
- Listen to what God tells you - your life depends on it. Similar to Lesson #10.****
- Put action to your faith. Noah could have believed in God, yet still drowned if he hadn't built the ark. Faith without deeds (i.e. works) is dead***** and in some cases, faith without deeds could end up in death - physical, mental and unfortunately marital death among others. Faith is a noun that propels us to into action.
- Finish what you start. God also promises to help us finish what we start.******
- Two (good) heads are better than one. Ecclesiastes 4: 9-10 (one of my favourite Bible passages) says: Two are better than one, because they have a good [more satisfying] reward for their labor; For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! (Amplified)
- Have patience! The ark wasn't built in a year, and the flood wasn't finished in 40 days and 40 nights. Once you're clear on God's vision for your life - work on and wait for it - it will come to pass.******* This brings us back to Lesson 2 above: our lives depend on obeying and depending on God which means waiting on and for Him too...
**Philippians 2: 15b-16a - Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life. (NIV)
Daniel 12:3 - 'Men and women who have lived wisely and well will shine brilliantly, like the cloudless, star-strewn night skies. And those who put others on the right path to life will glow like stars forever. (The Message)
***2 Corinthians 3: 2-3 - Your very lives are a letter that anyone can read by just looking at you. Christ himself wrote it—not with ink, but with God's living Spirit; not chiseled into stone, but carved into human lives—and we publish it. (The Message)
*****James 2: 17-18 - In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. (NIV)
******Phil 1:6 - And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you. (Amplified)
*******Hab. 2: 3 - And then God answered: "Write this. Write what you see. Write it out in big block letters so that it can be read on the run. This vision-message is a witness pointing to what's coming. It aches for the coming—it can hardly wait! And it doesn't lie. If it seems slow in coming, wait. It's on its way. It will come right on time. (The Message)