Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Die empty...

We we were all born full...but it doesn't end there. It is so & more important to live life so fully (and "fulfillingly") that you die empty. Our heart desire must be the same as Erma Bombeck's: "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me.""

Today marks exactly 7 months since my father passed...he would have turned a year older this month. Well, that is all now history. When I read Erma's quote, the question I had for myself was: When I pass on (which is not soon), will all those I'll leave behind - including my children, grandchildren (since I'm not going to bury any of them), family, friends, acquaintances, colleagues & even you my readers, also say that I used everything the Lord gave me and left the world better than I met it? More importantly, what would I say to God?

What will the answer to those questions be in your case? What has God given  to you? What are you doing with it (all)? What (more) can you do with it? Please do it...

God is always willing to give more to those who have profitably used what He placed in their hands (& hearts). Remember the parable of the talents in Matthew 25: 14-30 and Luke 19: 12-28? It does not matter whether or not you have the same/similar (amount/type) or different (amount/type) of talents from others - rather what matters is what have you done with what's in your hand (& heart).

Personally, I'm working on & with it each day...emptying myself, getting refilled by the Holy Spirit and emptying myself again...I'm going back for more so I  can give more.

Dying full = dying unfulfilled...and for that there is no reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...