Friday, June 10, 2011

So true...

I couldn't resist sharing when I found this quote in an email:

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in God
that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.' ~ Max Lucado

I cannot say, stress or even shout this enough.
 
The quote reminds me of when I had to leave a relationship decades ago (I wrote about it too => http://sapphire-and-beryl.blogspot.com/2009/11/secret-3-courage-7-courage-to-leave.html). I had no choice but to change my mind about the young man since he changed his mind about Christ. I thank God that I never looked back...I'm sure I would have had a very unhappy marriage or maybe a broken one if I had looked back.
 
Indeed, it's a glorious thing when you are found by someone wise enough to seek Christ...ask happily married Christian couples...
...you can ask me...
In fact today, we rejoice and gratefully celebrate our anniversary of being happily married  
- all to God's glory.
 
Wise men still seek Him...and such men are blessed by God because:
"The man who finds a wife finds a treasure, and he receives favor from the Lord."
(Prov 18:22 - NLT)
"... a wise, understanding, and prudent wife is from the Lord" (Prov 19:14b - Amplified)
 
Ladies-in-wating...as you wait for Mr Right*, hide yourself in the Lord...you'll be blessed without a shadow of doubt because God Himself will look out for you**.
 
Further reading:
*http://sapphire-and-beryl.blogspot.com/2010/06/dont-wait-for-mr-right.html
** Zech 2:8 - For thus said the LORD of hosts...for he who touches you touches the apple of his eye. (English Std Version)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...