Thursday, June 30, 2011

Psalm for the season (5)

As we close this series, I'd like to focus on the last few verses. I like these 2 renditions of Psalm 92: 12-15 (italics mine)

Amplified:
The [uncompromisingly] righteous shall flourish like the palm tree [be long-lived, stately, upright, useful, and fruitful]; they shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon [majestic, stable, durable, and incorruptible]. Planted in the house of the Lord, they shall flourish in the courts of our God. [Growing in grace] they shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be full of sap [of spiritual vitality] and [rich in the] verdure [of trust, love, and contentment]. [They are living memorials] to show that the Lord is upright and faithful to His promises; He is my Rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.

Contemporary English Version:
Good people will prosper like palm trees, and they will grow strong like the cedars of Lebanon. They will take root in your house, LORD God, and they will do well. They will be like trees that stay healthy and fruitful, even when they are old. And they will say about you, "The LORD always does right! God is our mighty rock."

If I had only one desire in life, it will be to prosper like a palm tree. Have you noticed that palm trees always look beautiful - in the sunrise or the sunset, in the desert or at the beach. As if that is not enough, palm trees are able to withstand storms, rather than break, they bend. Likewise, it is my desire that the beauty and glory of God are seen in my life in every situation of life. For me, the A & Z of Ps 92 are that: Praising God - as my way of life - will make me a daily testimony of God's goodness and righteousness because "Surely or only goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, and through the length of my days the house of the Lord [and His presence] shall be my dwelling place." (Ps 23:6 - Amplified)
How beautiful and glorious - join me in this lifestyle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...