Thursday, October 7, 2010

"Cut your coat...

...according to your size." Have you ever heard this or even received it as advice?  This is one of the worst pieces of advice you can ever give, receive or apply in your life.
I'll tell you why shortly...
For those who know anything about making clothes and those who don't, common sense dictates that irrespective of your size, you can only make things with the fabric and quantity of cloth you have not with the fabric or cloth you don't.

The sad part is that I find too that many people live above their means in the guise that they are living by faith. I'm sure you'd have heard me say that I believe that there is a thin line between faith and foolishness.    

In Luke 14:28, we are advised to "count the cost" which means that it is important to know what you have and what your limitations are. You do not impress anyone by stretching yourself beyond your means - you only oppress yourself and that is a hard way to live.

Interestingly, I received inspiration for this topic several months ago but kept putting it off until now...now I appreciate why God wanted this topic to wait this long before being published. As this year winds down and we start preparing for Christmas (which is 90 days away) including buying gifts for ourselves and others, there is no point in being stressed and oppressed. If you ask me, I'd advise you to live differently from now onwards.

Just make up your mind to:
 impress and express yourself by "cutting your coat according to your cloth."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...