Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Another "C" of Purse-onality

So we introduced this next "C" in the last posting (can't promise it will be the last "C" though). Well, it only makes sense don't you agree? It's one thing to decide on the contents-and-compartments combo and the colour of your purse - based on your preferences + personality of course. But I can't help but wonder if our choice on how to carry it is also a reflection of our personality or spirituality. I'll share my TEA...as usual, you're welcome to take as much or as little of it as you want.

I used to like purses with two straps - maybe because of how much I used to load my purses. At least I knew I'd have a back-up if one strap gave way...then nothing ever happened. So I moved to purses with single straps - is that a sign of faith? Not really sure what that indicates. 

Well, a few months ago, one of my single-strapped purses gave way and I had to convert it into a clutch purse until I was in the security of my room - imagine being out of town with only one purse? Well, I didn't buy a new purse - thankfully, I had a second purse to match my shoes.

Now I'm rethinking having single vs. double or even triple strap purses. Even the Bible tells us in Eccelsiates 4: 9 - 10 (AMP) that "two are better than one ...for if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up!" Verse 12 says: "A three fold cord is not easily broken." Transposing those verses into this situation, is that to say it is recommended to have a bag with double straps or even triple straps?

Actually, the more I think about it, the more obvious it is that if I determine and only put what I really need in my purse, my straps and shoulders will be spared - then it should not matter if you purse has one, two, three straps or even none. For me, this is an opportunity to become more organized - definitely easier externally - at home, church and even work, than internally in our purses. Maybe a good time to buy a new purse and start afresh...did I say that out loud? I have a better idea...with 60 days to Christmas, this is definitely a good time to go through your purse collection and give out what you do not need which will be of use (& a blessing) to someone else. 

I pray you have enjoyed reading this as much as I've enjoyed writing it...I'm not done yet but maybe like me you'd be asking:

What is my purse-onality?
What are they saying about me?
What are my purses saying to me?
Who can I bless with a purse or more this year?


May God bless you as you remain a blessing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...