Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Your future starts today

Much as the future began yesterday, today is your opportunity to do what you couldn't do yesterday. You have an opportunity to start over today...it's the last day of the first half of this year.


I'll share some quotes I found when preparing for this piece and tell you what I think


  1. “When it comes to the future, there are three kinds of people: those who let it happen, those who make it happen, and those who wonder what happened.” John M. Richardson, Jr. No matter how well intentioned everyone around you is, what you don't do for yourself stays undone...
  2. “Losers live in the past. Winners learn from the past and enjoy working in the present toward the future.” Denis Waitley Success is sometimes not appreciated by itself - it shines with failure as its backdrop. The book "Failing forward" by John Maxwell is quite an eye-opener - I recommend that you read it.
  3. “My will shall shape the future. Whether I fail or succeed shall be no man's doing but my own. I am the force; I can clear any obstacle before me or I can be lost in the maze. My choice; my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny.” Elaine Maxwell. This ties in with this short but sharp statement: "We did not come to fear the future. We came here to shape it."* Not much more to be said here.
  4. “Your future takes precedence over your past. Focus on your future, rather than on the past.” Gary Ryan Blair Apostle Paul puts it this way: "But, on the contrary, as the Scripture says, What eye has not seen and ear has not heard and has not entered into the heart of man, [all that] God has prepared (made and keeps ready) for those who love Him [who hold Him in affectionate reverence, promptly obeying Him and gratefully recognizing the benefits He has bestowed]". (1 Cor 2:9) and "For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome." (Jer 29:11)
The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of 60 minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is. ~C. S. Lewis
The best thing about the future is that it only comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)

But we must realise that:
Our future will be shaped by the assumptions we make about who we are and what we can be. (Rosabeth Moss Kanter)

For tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today. (African Proverb)

I'd like to end this piece with this quote by my husband:
The future begins today? How am I using today? 

The answer and your future is all up to you...

P.S. One of the prophecies for 2010 is: "the second half of this year will be better than the first, although there will be galloping blessing from the very first day for some."**  So get ready...the best is ahead. God bless.





Sources:
* Barack Obama, speech to joint session of Congress in 09/09/09
** http://www.rccg.org/#

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...