Monday, June 21, 2010

Get HEELS

Ok, I’m on a roll - getting colour (peppers), going green (tea), stepping up (HEELS) - catch me if you can…

After trying (and writing about) various colours of bell pepper and green tea, I started thinking some more about my health – and yours. Knowing how “acronymic” (is that a real word?) I am  - ok “creative” is also a nice word and captures the essence of what I’m trying to say. Well, just came up with a new one: HEELS. I've read and know about divine inspiration (the Bible was written by divine inspiration!) but I’m learning a lot and appreciating this verse more and more with the challenges of ministering through a blog.

Job 32:8 But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding. (KJV)

I’m sure you also appreciate how everything we have on this blog is truly inspired by God – to Him be all the glory. Ok back to our HEELS...

HEELS stands for Healthy Eating & Exercise LifeStyle

A lot of times, when asked: “what is Christianity?” My response is: “It is a lifestyle.” Indeed it is a lifestyle not a religion. Religion is a set of rules and regulations whereas a lifestyle is simply your style of life. Encarta puts it this way: “manner of living: the way of life characteristic of a particular person, group, or culture”*

Likewise, we can keep writing about good eating habits and exercise (and we will as we’re inspired to) but the fact is that until you get it into your blood stream, a little here and a little there will not add up to much for you – at least health wise

In thinking about heels, have you noticed how graceful some ladies look in heels? I know there are some really poor examples so let’s not go there. Generally, those who know what to wear and how to wear it look good in heels – it sometimes makes you feel “pumped” when you have a nice pair of heels on. This is not to say anything about those of us who don’t like/wear heels – believe me you look good too. I guess it’s helpful to know what suits you and go for it – there are lots of shoe (& even clothes) buying guides out there. There I go again….back to out topic

So when we think about looking good in heels, we also look good with HEELS. Yeah, I know it’s a play of words but how else could we put it to make sense? Lifestyle is something you carry with you wherever you are so with Healthy Eating & Exercise LifeStyle (is that bad English?) you look good!!!
My husband keep saying: "we're getting older everyday" - who wants to be reminded? He also says: "if you take care of your body, it wil take care of you" - that's so true. So I encourage us to take some find out what works for us - maybe even half the time we take to find bargains - and work it into your way of life. It doesn't need to be extensive or even expensive. Just stick with simple HEELS...we don't want any twisted ankles ;) As an example, cook more at home. I even found out that: "Our 'heel first' gait makes us incredibly efficient walkers."** Before I go off on a tangent, let's wrap it up here: each time you see a lady looking graceful in heels, tell yourself that you are graceful with HEELS. HEELS keeps you in balance.

The best part about HEELS is you're never too old for it...with HEELS, you age with grace and remain distinguished.

God bless.

Reference:
*http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/dictionary/DictionaryResults.aspx?lextype=3&search=lifestyle
**http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2010-02/tcob-huh020410.php

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...