Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Secret #6: Connection - Friendship

As you may have realised, friendship is very important to me - I always find a way to get to it. Ask Beryl and my other friends (if you know them), once you become my friend, you're "IT". I have seen (& been) the value in good friendship - ok that's enough. I've said quite a bit on friendship already and in prior postings so I'll just share what other people have said:

Friends are the most important ingredient in this recipe of life. ~ sent by Dior Yamasaki to a Friendship quotes site

A new friendship is like an unripened fruit - it may become either an orange or a lemon. ~ Emma Stacey
Sapphire's comment: You can use either to make orange juice or lemonade - they are both very "good" for you.

A friend can tell you things you don't want to tell yourself. ~Frances Ward Weller

A friend accepts us as we are yet helps us to be what we should. ~Author Unknown

My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me. ~ Henry Ford

A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are. ~ Author unknown

Friendship is a pretty full-time occupation if you really are friendly with somebody. You can’t have too many friends because then you’re just not really friends. ~Author Unknown

True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it be lost. ~ Charles Caleb Colton

Hold a true friend with both your hands. ~Nigerian Proverb

Friends are God's way of taking care of us. ~Author Unknown

Can you believe that a man said: “The loneliest woman in the world is a woman without a close woman friend.” (George Santayana - The Life of Reason, 1905-1906) Well, suffice it to say that I believe that all my friends are hugs from God and I can count them on one hand - the other hand is my husband's ;)

God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...