Thursday, March 15, 2012

Daddy's girl

Those who know me know that I was "Daddy's girl" for a long time - which is why this book: "Daddy loves His girls" by Bishop T.D. Jakes resonated with me. I had a direct connection with it because of my special "on-earth" relationship with my Dad. It was no wonder that from the day my Dad passed on and for weeks after, different people kept calling and checking on me - just to know how I was doing and dealing with the void. I agree with the unknown person who said: "A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart." The flip is also true in my case:
Though I am somewhat "grown up," I don't feel (& doubt) that I've out grown having a Dad.

Tyler Perry's "Daddy's little girls" also struck me - but in a different way. I could relate with what (& all) my Dad would do just to make sure that I was protected and provided for - just like the Dad (Monty) in the movie. Although imperfect, my Dad was the best father any girl could have prayed for - and I cannot thank God enough for blessing me with him.

No matter how much my Dad wanted to, he definitely could not be here indefinitely which is why I'm eternally grateful that I became my Heavenly Daddy's girl early in life. You know with all I've faced, it's great to know that God has kept me as the apple of His eye. He didn't stop there; He also said: "I have engraved you on the palms of my hands." (Isa. 49:16a - God's Word Trans)

That's simply wonderful! I can tell you from experience that though I've lost my earthly father forever, it's so comforting to know that I'll have my Heavenly Daddy forever. Indeed it's so wonderful to know that I am Daddy's girl forever...and will never outgrow that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...