Thursday, April 14, 2011

It takes two...

...to tango.

When I was younger, I used to think the saying was "it takes two to tangle" not knowing that the saying is: "it takes two to tango". Both phrases sounds alike huh? However, the more I think about it the more I realise that in my naivity, I was and still am right because both phrases mean about the same thing...ok "almost about" the same thing...

Moving on to think about the saying literally, to have an enjoyable tango it pays when both parties know how to dance the tango or are at least willing to give it their best. I've not "tango-ed" yet but it looks like you need to at least how to so you don't both stumble.

That's how it is is for every circumstance in our lives. Marriages come to mind here. My husband usually quotes Bishop David Oyedepo who said to his wife when they got married (decades ago) - "we're in this to make it work, not to see if it will work." 

Now, with an attitude like that, you can be sure that your marriage or any project you lay your hands upon (as led by the Lord) is destined for success. Unity is the key to success - let's see what God said about the first set of people who were united...

“Look!” He said. “The people are united, and they all speak the same language. After this, nothing they set out to do will be impossible for them! (Genesis 11:6 - NLT)
Just like a successful tango is based on the dance partners hearing and dancing to the same music, for a marriage, project or ministry to be successful, all those involved have to be aligned - speaking the same language...dancing to the same tune...on the same page.

It is not easy, and in some cases impossible, to decide on your own and carry out a project or ministry - and of course not a marriage - all by yourself. You need at least one other human and of course God on your side in order to progress and succeed; this must be why Paul said:
"I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency]."  (Phil 4:13 - Amplified Bible)
"And God is able to make all grace (every favor and earthly blessing) come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need be self-sufficient [possessing enough to require no aid or support and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation]." (2 Cor 9:8 - Amplified Bible)
Like with the tango, you need to be prepared to give your marriage, project, ministry, relationships your best shot or is it "best foot"...and avoid being tangled while "tango-ing" - so you both have a great tango experience.

It actually looks like a great way for married couples to relax and even exercise at home. I'll need to try it to be sure though. With that said, I need to share this picture - it brought a smile to my face. So dancers beware...

Ok was teasing you there... Please just be careful not to hurt yourself when tango-ing - it looks difficult and almost stressful and yet fun and exciting too. 
 Quite the "tangle" huh? Well, enjoy the tingle too..
Let's go..let's tango...not tangle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...