Thursday, July 15, 2010

WPA

Recently during my quiet time (my time with God), the piece “A Worry List” in my devotional caught my attention. It was interesting that we are all encouraged to:

1. Develop a worry list: At first I wondered why or even how this can be considered to be good advice. The more I thought about it, the more it made sense to me. Can you imagine being worried and possibly stressed out without being sure what you’re worried about? Not a nice feeling. I remember a few weeks ago when I was really angry…and stressed – in fact now I’m not sure if I was stressed because I was angry or angry then stressed or just angry and stressed or just I don't know what. Needless to say, I had to talk myself back to “sanity” and of course a life of joy irrespective of my circumstance/challenges. So it does help to develop a worry list at least that way you know what you’re worried/worrying about – it even helps with the next step the writer (who by the way is a woman) recommended.

2. Turn your worry list into a prayer list: I suppose for this, in addition to referring you to previous postings on “Worry” and “Prayer” we might as well include this verse that has been referred to time and again on this blog: Philippians 4:6 (emphasis mine)-
"Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns." (The Message)
3. Turn your prayer list into an action list: Determine if you can do something about what you are worried about – it could very well mean that you should pray some more or confront the issue.

This piece helped me renew my commitment to graduate from Worry –> Pray –> Act (WPA). I feel as usual, God's timing for bringing this to my attention is impeccable - we're in the second half of the year - a great time to take stock of where we are with regards to resolutions made earlier in the year. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...