Friday, July 2, 2010

On the radio

A couple of weeks ago, while listening to the radio, I just had to get a piece of paper and start scribbling. They were talking about a not-so-popular topic - Humility.

The speaker said that Humility:
  • is confidently knowing your strengths and weaknesses
  • sharing your knowledge and skills without arrogance
I'd like to add, humility is knowing who you are in God, especially that:
  • without God you can do nothing!! (John 15:5)  and
  • with God you can do all things (Phil 4:13)
Whenever I'm feeling "unhumble" (if there is such a word), the Holy Spirit reminds me of James 4:6 “God opposes the proud but favors the humble.” [NLT].

On the flip side, in being humble, I do my best to not be like the person I heard about who said: "I'm proud of my humilty".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...