Friday, January 29, 2010

My favourite Psalm

Just last night, when reading Psalm 23 I was thinking to myself: "this is my favourite Psalm", only to check my eamil this morning and I got this piece - which I'll share with you shortly. It never ceases to amaze me how God caters for us - and this blogspot.

Be blessed as you partake of this rendition...I've added Bible verses too.

The Lord is my Shepherd
          => That's relationship
I shall not want
          => That's supply  (Phil 4:19)
He makes me to lie in green pastures
          => That's rest - remember R&R? (Is 28:12; Matt 11:28-30)
He leads me beside the still waters
          => That's refreshment (Acts 3:19b)
He restores my soul
          => That's revival (healing & wholeness)
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
          => That's guidance (Ps 37:23; 85:13; Prov 4: 11 - 13)
For His name sake
          => That's purpose (Jer 29:11)
Though I walk thru the valley of the shadow of death
          => That's testing
I will fear no evil
          =>  That's protection (Is 41: 10-14)
For You are with me
          => That's faithfulness (Is 43:1-2; Matt 28: 20; Heb 13:5b)
Your rod and staff comfort me
          => That's discipline (Prov 3:11-12; Heb 12: 5 -11)
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies
          => That's hope (Rom 15:13)
You anoint my head with oil
          => That's consecration (Ps 45:7; 2 Cor 1: 20-22)
My cup runs over
          => That's abundance (John 10:10)
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life
          => That's blessing (Prov 10:22; 28:20; Eph 1:3)
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
          => That's security (ps 92: 12-14)
Forever and ever
          => That's eternity

Once we key in to the depth of the promises and prospect this Psalm hold for us, we'll be like the child who was reciting Psalm 23 and said: "The Lord is my Shepherd, I have everything I want".

I pray that we will accept Him as our Shepherd and start living in the "overflow" - lacking nothing and abounding in everything. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...