Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Aaronic Blessing (2)

On December 1, 2009 we shared an interesting perspective of this Aaronic Blessing in Numbers 6: 23 – 27: Say to Aaron and his sons, This is the way you shall bless the Israelites. Say to them,

"The Lord bless you and watch, guard, and keep you;
The Lord make His face to shine upon and enlighten you and be gracious (kind, merciful, and giving favor) to you;
The Lord lift up His [approving] countenance upon you and give you peace (tranquility of heart and life continually)."
And they shall put My name upon the Israelites, and I will bless them.*

I recently heard an interesting perspective of the same passage:

This blessing was God’s idea. It means that He wants to pay attention to me and favour me.
The question I asked myself when I heard this was: Do I pay attention to God?

God desires to favour me (us); there’s no reason why I (we) shouldn’t walk in His favour daily after all we have this promise...

For You, O LORD, will bless the righteous; with favor You will surround him as with a shield. (Psalm 5:12; KJV)
Strive to pay attention to God this year...and you'll be secured with the shield of favour.

God bless us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...