Friday, October 12, 2012

Right Companions


I got this and had to share it because I'm really passionate about the type (& number) of friends I have and actually need to achieve my destiny in life. As usual, pictures and green font are mine.

“A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.” (Proverbs 18:24, NIV) I like the NLT renditon of this verse: "There are “friends” who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother." It's on point...

Your destiny is too big to accomplish on your own. That’s why it’s so important to be connected to the right people. We have to understand that God has already arranged for certain people to speak faith into you. He has already placed people in your path that will inspire you, challenge you, and help you accomplish your dreams. The reason some people never reach their highest potential is because they never get away from the wrong people. A note of caution here: the fact that some of those around you tell you things just as they are does not make them the wrong people. In fact, the "wrong" people are those who sugar-coat things so you hear what you want to. The Bible even warns us against kisses vs. "kicks."*

Recognize today that not everyone can go where God is taking you. You’ve got to connect with people who understand your destiny and can call forth your seeds of greatness. You don’t have time to spend on people who are always pushing you down, telling you what you can’t do, or never giving you their approval no matter how hard you try. Friend, life is too short to drag people along. If you will get the wrong people out of your life, then God will bring in the right people so you can fulfill the destiny He has in store for you.

In fact, Beryl and I have written about Friendship previously - and I expect we will again:
http://sapphire-and-beryl.blogspot.com/2010/06/secret-6-connection-friendship.html
http://sapphire-and-beryl.blogspot.com/2010/06/secret-6-connection-friendship-addendum.html
http://sapphire-and-beryl.blogspot.com/2011/07/everyone-needs-at-least-these-3-fs-in.html

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father in heaven, thank You for placing the right people in my life. Help me to discern the right connections You have for me. Give me strength to release the wrong relationships so I have room in my life for the people You have chosen to connect with me in Jesus’ name. Amen.


Source: TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria

Reference:
*Prov 27: 5-6 A truly good friend will openly correct you. You can trust a friend who corrects you, but kisses from an enemy are nothing but lies. (Contemporary English Version)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...