Sunday, September 25, 2011

BEAR Hug

I've previously written about how much of a "hugger" I am.*I love to give and receive hugs...and without pushing it, I encourage those around me to show me the same courtesy.

When you think about it, there is just something so heart-touching about hugs. Of course there is - since you get to "touch" the other person's heart with a hug that's from your heart.

A recent email prompted this...so I looked up quotes and pictures to buttress my point.

Have you noticed that more often than not people refer to "Bear Hugs"? Have you ever wondered why? Can't say I know for sure...to my mind it must be because God expects all of us to BE A Ready Hug - got it?

A hug is a handshake from the heart.
~Author Unknown

You can't give a hug without getting a hug.
~Author Unknown


A hug is worth a thousand words. ~Author Unknown

My favourite quote:
A hug is a great gift - one size fits all, and it's easy to exchange. ~Author Unknown

You know, "Author unknown" must have been quite a Hugger.

Indeed, a hug is a gift for any and all occassions and can be given any and everywhere to anyone. It's also a gift that is easy to pass on, hand out or even return to the giver.

Go ahead and BE A R(eady) Hug everywhere you go...that's one way of being a blessing that we're all expected to be as we go where God sends us to -> Gen 12:1-2 - Now [in Haran] the Lord said to Abram, Go for yourself [for your own advantage] away from your country, from your relatives and your father's house, to the land that I will show you. And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you [with abundant increase of favors] and make your name famous and distinguished, and you will be a blessing [dispensing good to others]**.



References:
*http://sapphire-and-beryl.blogspot.com/2009/11/gift-of-giving.html
**Amplified Version



I also found this nice collection (don't know anything about the owner of the site though):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...