Saturday, May 28, 2011

Listen and learn...

Just this morning, I was discussing one of my children's homework with him. He was supposed to write on the topic:
"What I want to be when I grow up"

Being the great mom I am, I started trying to guide him by giving him ideas...and then I put my foot in my mouth when I said, "you can also say that "I want to be a father."" I had barely finished my sentence when he said emphatically:
"I am going to be a father... that's not something I need to say I want to be."

Immediately, the Holy Spirit "tapped" me and said "imagine the faith of a child."
The assurance and finality in his words and tone reinforced something I've always known...when you know what God has said about you - hold on to it, don't haggle about it.

May God give us such childlike faith that holds on to God's promises unwaveringly.



P.S. I will be a grandma (in some decades to come)...thank God for that promise...
"May you live to enjoy your grandchildren." (Ps 128:6 -NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...