Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Fear no flood

A few months ago we talked about the ability to identify (& utilize) teachable moments that come our way. Teachable moments do not only relate to raising responsible children...it is also very important for adults.  This cartoon a friend shared with me captures it so well...
When you think about it, the Bible has so many promises that reassure us irrespective of the situation(s) we find ourselves in. I like the promise in Isaiah 43: 1-2:
But now, O Jacob, listen to the Lord who created you.
O Israel, the one who formed you says,
“Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.
I have called you by name; you are mine. 
When you go through deep waters, I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up;
the flames will not consume you." (NLT).

This is one promise that keeps me going when I feel swamped (& almost drowned) by all the things I need to do - not to mention the tight timelines around them. Whatever I'm going through will not drown me...no matter how long it lingers around for...
it will come to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...