Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Potter's wheel

Being on the potter's wheel doesn't seem pleasant - it's almost as if you just keep spinning and spinning.

I don't know how it's been for you...for me sometimes when I think I have everything "under control", life throws me a curve ball. It's almost as if despite the fact that I try to live in the "expect change" path, I'm sometimes suprised by change...and the spinning begins.

I've come to realize that the "spinning" is under Sovereign Control - God doesn't put me on the potter's wheel and let any amateur operate the wheel. He's there with me (in His hands) every turn of the wheel.


We need to all learn to relax in the hands of the Lord and trust that He knows what He's doing. Job after all his troubles, and his conversation with God in Job 38 - 42, came to that same realization - God is in total control (see Job 42: 2: "I know that you can do anything. No one can keep you from doing what you plan to do.")

Closely linked to the fact that God is in control is the fact that "we are not there yet" - we're in the state of "becoming". The minute we realise aand accept that we are all Work-in-Progress (WiP), our perspective and approach to life will be enhanced.

I'm just finishing up a book that truly helped me put all this in perspective - I encourage you to get a copy.

When you learn to "live with change", you'll apprecaite the spinning as God's way of preparing you for your next level.

Let's make the most of the spin...and "spin to the top". God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...