Wednesday, July 1, 2020

The cycle of prosperity


I want to prosper! It's as simple as that. So I decided to pull together a few bible verses to guide me. 

I also want you to prosper so I decided to share this continuous cycle with you: 


The interesting thing about this cycle is that it is not a stand-alone cycle. There are other things that are connected to it. Yes there's a ripple impact but it all starts with and ends with God - our Beginning and End. 

In John 8:12, Jesus gave us this piece of advice: " I am the Light of the world. So if you follow me, you won't be stumbling through the darkness, for the living light will flood your path." (TLB)

When we walk in the light, we bring God glory and it delights Him as we see in Ephesians 5: 8-9. 

When we bring Him delight (i.e. by walking in the light), He gives us the desires of our heart; see Psalm 37:4.
The interesting thing about our desires, including the desire to prosper, is that God also delights in our prosperity which explains why He gives us power to make wealth as He tells us in Deuteronomy 8:18. 

If you ask me, having the power to make wealth in itself is useless. Which is why we need to follow His guidance on how to profit (Isaiah 48:17). Profiting moves up to prosperity when we are generous to others (Proverbs 11:25). It is only with God as our Source (2 Corinthians 9:8 & 11) that we can be source of blessing.

Being a source of blessing (Genesis 12:2) requires that we stay connected to our Source to be blessed. 
Staying connected => following His guidance => walking in the light...and the cycle of prosperity continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...