Monday, July 27, 2020

Cut it...

A few weeks ago I needed to redo my hair. When I undid my braids, I noticed that my hair had suffered damage such that some parts were shorter than the rest. So I mentioned to my husband that I want - more like really need - to cut or at least trim my hair. I did this of course to get his buy-in and, more importantly, his permission. As I pondered and wondered about the purpose of cutting it, the Holy Spirit dropped an enlightening life lesson in my heart - hence this post.



When I first thought about cutting or at least trimming my hair, I started wondering what people will say when they saw my short hair. The more I wondered and almost worried about it, the Holy Spirit said to me: "That's exactly how a lot of people do."

A lot of us hold on to damaged/damaging things, jobs and relationships just because we worry about what others will think. Unfortunately, there are some things that are damaged beyond repair and they also damage the person. There are some jobs that have such toxic environments that rub off on them and before they know it, they are infected with that toxicity or get mentally and emotionally ill based on it. There are some people who are in friendships that are toxic too. It's sad to see people who are friends and maybe are planning to get married suffer through their courtship hoping that marriage will be miraculously different. The only relationship that we should not cut is marriage.*

We must be alert to things around us or in our lives that are damaged. We should not be managing things that have a damaging impact on us. We should cut it off.

Note:
*Domestic violence in a marriage is a damaging situation. Please reach out and discuss it with someone asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...