Sunday, November 18, 2018

Are you God's Battle Axe?

Last month, our theme in church was "I am God's Battle Axe" based on Jeremiah 51:20.

One morning I was mulling over that phrase and this was what the Holy Spirit shared with me. He said that to be God's Battle Axe, I need to be:
Bold - God continually instructs and reminds us to be bold and courageous - just as He said to Joshua: Yes, be bold and strong! Banish fear and doubt! For remember, the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9 - TLB) As His battle axe we're never on our own.
Available - I'm of no use to God if I'm not at His beck and call. I cannot be His Battle Axe on my terms.
Tested - 1 Peter 1:7 says "These trials are only to test your faith, to see whether or not it is strong and pure. It is being tested as fire tests gold and purifies it—and your faith is far more precious to God than mere gold; so if your faith remains strong after being tried in the test tube of fiery trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day of his return." (TLB)
Trusted - This is the result of being tested and passing the test(s)...
Light - It is pertinent not to have "baggage" because it slows one down. In addition to being light, I need to be a #Light wherever I am.
Effective - Essentially, I have to produce right results. (Do the right things)

Assertive - I like Wikipedia's definition of "Assertiveness" - "Assertiveness is the quality of being self-assured and confident without being aggressive." As God's battle axe, I need to know Who and what I believe and constantly stand my ground - no matter how shaky the ground may be.
eXemplary - Being God's Battleaxe, I need to be an example to others. It's not a one-time thing. I need to be an example continuously.
Efficient - God expects me to produce the right results with minimal wastage. (Do the right things right/well).

I pray for grace to be a useful and usable Battle-Axe in God's Hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...