Sunday, October 28, 2018

Focus on your destination

Last week, on my way home I got on to the same bus with one of my neigbour's daughters. As we approached our stop, I assumed that she would have pulled the cord to request for the bus to stop at "our" stop. All of a sudden I noticed that the light hadn't lit up so I quickly pulled the cord.

When the bus stopped, I alighted and expected that she would also get off the bus. As I walked home alone, the Holy Spirit said to me
"Mind your own journey...focus on your destination." 

I kept pondering on this till I got home that day. I started wondering how many times I have erroneously assumed that someone else and I had the same goal or destination in mind.

Here I was saying that we had the same stop only to realize that we were not going to the same spot. Yes, I used "spot" on purpose because getting off at the same stop with others doesn't mean that you are going to the same spot. Now let me quickly mention that there was another stop after the bus did it's loop in our community that she could also get off at. So on the flip side, the fact that she didn't get off at the same stop as I did, meant that she would eventually get off at a later stop to come to the same "spot" i.e. street as I was going to.

Transposing this to everyday life, we cannot live our lives based on another person's schedule. Even if you are inspired by someone and aspire to be like them, we must remember that we are each unique and not a replica of anyone else. If you try to copy someone else, the best you'll be is a "second version" not an original.

I'd be happy to coach you on how to chart your own unique path and fulfill your purpose in life. Contact me via email: sapphireandberyl@gmail.com or inbox me. The 1st ½ hour will be free...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...