Friday, May 18, 2018

The Till will tell...

...not the tag

A few weeks ago, I had a different "till will tell"* experience and wanted to share it. Where do I start? I don't know if I ever told you that my husband has better shopping skills than me. Well he really does. In fact, I first learned and saw this "till will tell" firsthand from him...and I keep "forgetting" the lesson and then he teaches me again.

It has been said that people don't fail because they tried but because they gave up. Similarly, at least for me, sometimes I don't get deals on purchases because I give up too quickly. Actually, I feel as if I even give up before I enter the store. If you didn't already know or haven't read one of my prior post, or figured it out yet, I really don't like shopping. Now hold that thought when you look at the cartoon.



As much as I don't like shopping, when I go with my husband he reminds me to be patient and not drop items until we get to the till to confirm whether the price tag is current.  The minute the till "tells" me a favourable price, I sometimes go into overdrive and get into impulse-buying - which in my opinion is worse than not shopping.

The way I see it, no matter what the till "tells", we must exercise self-control. A good price does not mean that it is a good "prize" for you and your family.  


Reference:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...